I am honored to serve as Chair of the New Jersey State Bar Association's Health Law Section for the upcoming year. The Section includes 446 members of the Bar who represent healthcare providers and other clients relating to the health care field. The Section's Board recently approved a schedule of meetings and programs that I'd like to share with you.
- September 11, 2012 : The aftermath of the SCOTUS decision on the Affordable Care Act (Law Center)
- October 19, 2012: Annual Health Law Symposium (Seton Hall Law School)
- November 13, 2012: The View From Trenton After Election Day - NJ Commissioner of Health (invited) (Law Center)
- December 11, 2012: Holiday reception and roundtable on in-house/outside counsel relationships and alternative fee arrangements (Law Center)
- January 8, 2013: Brown bag lunch program on Ethics For Health Lawyers (law firms throughout NJ, t/b/d)
- February 5, 2013: Medical Staff Due Process v. Hospital's Duty As Employer And A Hostile Work Environment (Law Center)
- March 12, 2013: Joint program with NJ Hospital Association In-House Counsel on Current Tax Exemption Issues (NJHA, Princeton)
- April 16, 2013: Alternative Dispute Resolution in Healthcare (Law Center)
These programs are open to all members of the NJSBA. If you are not a member, please consider joining, or request to attend as a guest. In most cases, CLE credits and dinner are provided, and you will not be disappointed. Contact me directly if you have any questions.